*with purchase of second tibet of equal or greater value
*with purchase of second tibet of equal or greater value
2 + 2 = 5
(for sufficiently large values of 2)
freedom, it certainly is Wednesday night.
I certainly am a bit indulgent tonight it seems.
it's probably not a good thing that I only have one class on Thursdays because that's the day that I (theoretically) have a lot of time to do things but it's (practically) the day that I feel I can get away with doing nothing. therfore I have the right to do a few 1.25-ounch curls.
where does all this Dido music come from? why does she only sing when I'm had a couple?
HOW DO YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO KNOW WHEN I'VE BEEN DRINKING
YOU"RE FREAKING ME OUT STOP IT STOP IT
OH YOU'RE GOING TO SING ME SOME NICE MELLOW MOOD-Y SONGS YOU SAY? WHY DID YOU NOT SAY SO OF COURSE YOU CAN STAY HERE HAVE A SHOT OR TWO. I'M PRETTY FAR AHEAD OF YOU, HERE YOU'D BETTER HAVE AT LEAST FOUR
too many caps in a row
jim_ never comes around anymore. it's a shame. I'm addicted and I need my fix.
poems write themselves in my head. if I close all my eyes I can see them all with my mental open eye, like on a chalkboard in a world that only I can go to.
I've started meditating agani. I can't remember exactly when or why I stopped. perhaps it wasn't a strong enough habit for me, but NEVER FEAR HATELIFE it's back on now .
I've learned more about lelia in the last two days than I did in most all of the days before that. but I'm not the kind of guy wh goes around telling people about things like that.
sorry, lelia, but this time it's true, and I really have to tell you that everything I have said so far in this post has been under the influence so I might reserve the right to take it back in the morning OH WAIT I can't because edits are extinct, maybe we used them too much and steve put them on the endangered features list and they need to repopulate for a bit.
why is my head so heavy? mabye I overpaid the gravity bill this month so they gave me too much, who knows. HA that's a joke, everybody knows the gravity bill comes every other month
DIDO please sing mary's in india, that one gets me weepy every time
I'm glad justjane is back. something was different when she was gone and I think her time away has changed her. she seems more serious now, but what do I know. mabye it's me who has changed. I haven't been away or anything but the point is people change and I'm people too.
comfortable love is a strange thing. I used to be crazy in love, and I still am, but it's much more mellow now and I like it but I want the crazy love back at the same time. perhaps this is just my male uber-mating instinct kicking in.
<male uber-mating instinct> GOD DAMN IT you've been with the same woman for three years now MOVE ON, MAN
<matt> but we're in love, we're getting married, marriage is permanent!
<male uber-mating instinct> marriage schmarriage, don't make me cut off the blood to your testicles!
<matt> ow, ow! the thought of that hurts
<male uber-mating instinct> that will teach you! let's go to a bar and hit on some sexy coeds and DAMMIT remember your ID this time, you don't llook a day over sixteen
<matt> NO it is Wednesday night and I must be productive tomorrow
<male uber-mating instinct> there's no cover charge on Wednesday and all the taxis in town know about it!
<matt> I'll get my wallet!
*** matt has left channel #sobriety
the point being that it's sad that the crazy love of nineteen inevitably turns into the comfortable love of twenty-two.
DIDO please play who makes you feel, that song fits my mood just now (thank you dido for living for free with your band inside my computer, you are a lifesaver)
david zilban where have you gone, you poor little emo kid, goth, whatever the hell you were you made me laugh.
NO NO NO NO matt this cannot turn into a plea for replies, we did that already
DIDO please skip to the hidden track of see the sun, that part of the album is really what Ilike to call dope
freedom, I'm manic depressive only they like to call it bipolar these days, I think because manic sounds like maniac and maniac has some negative connotations, but anwyay the point is that alcohol makes it more obvious that I'm manic depressive. I don't think Iv'e ever mentioned this on hatelife YOU SHOULD FEEL HONORED
tell dido thanks.
I love you all so very much.
*** matt has left channel #consciousness
dreaming about adultery doesn't make a guy an adulterer, right?
I just got back from the post office. I was trying to send a care package off to my London-living sister, but apparently the post office closes at precisely 5:00. here's how I know:
there are two doors a person must go through in order to reach the actual locus of business transactions and mail-sending.
there I was outside the outer door just before 5:00, thinking 'oh good, I see people inside. I'm not too late. the package can be sent. the trip to post office will be a success!' and I lightheartedly ambled through the outer door.
but then, disaster struck. evil big-haired postal malice lady saw me through her horn-rimmed glasses. she jumped over the counter, and in her haste to beat me to the door she overturned the Girl Scout cookie table, knocked a baby carriage over, and pushed her own grandmother out of the way. (I'm amazed at how agile a mean person in high heels can be!) I watched it all in slow motion, like Matrix bullet time only it was Post Office big-haired evil postal malice lady projectile time. she was salivating like a mad beast on the hunt and sweat was glistening on her furrowed brow and her hair was bouncing back and forth like something really ugly that bounces back and forth. finally she let out a blood-curdling warcry and took a flying leap at the inner door and just before I could push it open to send my sister her diabetes medicine and weekly food allowance, evil big-haired postal malice lady snapped the lock into place and collapsed in a victorious rage on the floor of the post office.
while I stood there in shock, she picked herself up off the ground, looked at me with feigned empathy in her beady little eyes, put her palms skyward and raised her shoulders unnaturally high, tilted her head to one side and shook her head with a big old shit-eating grin on her face.
I was pretty surprised about all this. I mean, I was prepared to spend at least $35 or $40 to send the package by air mail. think of what kind of raise she could have gotten from all that money! she clearly didn't understand the gravity of what she just did.
yeah, I'm pretty sure that if she had seen how big my package was she would have let me in.
hatelife is an anagram of 'ale thief.'
steve havelka <--> a velvet shake.
no more edits <--> DIE, SENOR TOM!
1. Google in Klingon. seriously. [http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/]. they also have the 'Elmer Fudd' and 'h4X0r' language options. they have pig latin but no latin proper. is this one of those telling signs of the times I'm always hearing about?
2. everything I really want [http://www.thinkgeek.com/] is way too expensive. fiancee says there's no money in the wedding budget for a $400 keyboard or a 20" LCD monitor. *sigh*
3. everything I do is on a list. I do something if and only if it is on a list.
4. in my poetics class I analyzed the emotional structure of a ghazal using math. I graphed the emotion of a freaking poem and then analyzed the graph. no one in the class understands me. I'm 'the math guy' who 'lives in the engineer building.' NO you BASTARDS I'm a tortured soul locked in the body of a math major. that I happen to be good at math is purely secondary.
5. two consecutive mathematics tests today, in the same room, administered by the same professor. I like the guy, but man. there's just no excuse.
6. figured out today that I missed a doctor's appointment because I'm dumb and wrote it down in the wrong freakin week. I wasn't five minutes late. I wasn't an hour late. I was more than TEN THOUSAND minutes late. basically if you added up all the minutes in a week, then put them all together, and then waited that long all at once, that's how late I was.
7. the tips of my fingers are shiny from too much typing today. shiny like the left side of the space bar where my thumb rests, obedient, disciplined, bored. in fact I don't know why I'm still typing.
8. I've looked and looked, but there is still no CTRL-ALT-DEL function for my life-browser. I/O is the only option and, to be completely candid with you, neither alternative pleases me all that much.
and on that note,